Cornell recreational services offer its community access to two pools located in Helen Newman and Teagle Hall. Up-to-date hours of operation and availability can be found here.
The local community offers several life guarded natural and community swimming areas, including:
- Taughannock Falls State Park – life guarded swimming area on the west side Cayuga Lake.
- Buttermilk Falls State Park – life guarded swimming in a natural pool at the bottom of Buttermilk Falls.
- Robert H. Treman State Park – life guarded swimming in a natural pool at the base of a waterfall.
- Myers Park – life guarded swimming on the east side of Cayuga Lake.
- Cass Park Pool or Alex Haley Pool – large municipal swimming pools in the city of Ithaca.
Please note: During the summer months, the local bus service (TCAT) offers Route 22 from campus to Buttermilk Fall and Robert H. Treman State Parks. Click here for bus fares and route schedules.